[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 22 02:29:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I'd like to ask (which may be in the on-wiki documentation, sorry if you've
> already answered there) is what is going to happen to the other articles that are not
> part of this new test group?

Hi Liam,

this is the first time we're experimenting with free text feedback in
a serious way. We've not decided yet whether that's a good idea or
not. This will depend in large part on the signal/noise ratio and
volume of the feedback we're getting, which will be coded through the
process described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_Feedback_Tool/Version_5/Feedback_evaluation

Note, also, that some of the forms include different forms of
quantitative feedback as well. We'll evaluate those as well, and
compare our findings with what we've learned, and are still learning,
from AFTv4. This evaluation will precede any site-wide changes to the
current AFT deployment.

All best,
Erik

--