[Foundation-l] Subject: Re: Vendetta?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Dec 15 18:44:16 UTC 2011

> It isn't so much about having my stuff edited as it is that there seems
> to be a mindset among en.wp editors that stuff needs to be deleted
> unless they personally think it is important. We have a virtually
> infinite space in which to write and add to the body of knowledge, so
> why act as though it needs to be made smaller by applying some arbitrary
> criterion?
>
> I do not have that much free time to be arguing over trivialities - I'm
> trying to record history as it has happened from my perspective. If you
> don't like my objectivity then go do your own research and do some
> editing - don't go for a 1984 style darconian rewrite/deletion.
>
> Right now I'm spending all my free time wrestling with the article on
> "light bulb sockets", which I did not originate. It is difficult to talk
> about the sockets without bringing in all sorts of technical reasons why
> they are the way they are. I didn't throw out the originator's material
> - I've expanded it based on my experiences in the theatrical lighting
> industry. I'm sure someone will eventually want to edit the material and
> take the time to organize it a bit more. That is ok - it is what
> collaboration is all about.

Our criteria are not arbitrary: notability is established by information
published in generally reliable sources, see Wikipedia:Notability

"history as it has happened from my perspective" sounds like original
research.

With respect to light bulb sockets one imagines there is a specialized
literature, and many patents...

Fred