[Foundation-l] How SOPA will hurt the free web and Wikipedia

Mateus Nobre mateus.nobre at live.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 21:51:47 UTC 2011

> At some point of time we'll have to articulate ourselves politically.

When that day comes call me, I'll join the party asap.

Wikimedia Foundation makes me create new values, about copyright, about knowledge and about freedom. I think (talking about that list) everyone see it at the same way, we're connected with these values. It's like a political party, really.

But the day Wikimedia Foundation would say:
 ''Dear Wikimedians, from now Wikimedia Foundation will fight publicily against all kinds of censorships, all kinds of dictatorships. We ask you to go to streets, do manifestations in our name.''
we will simple quick away the NPOV pillar.

And with no-NPOV, it'll open to criticize the articles about China, for example. The articles about SOPA, even!
Can you imagine?

As a serious encylopedia, and a serious foundation, WMF can't defend political visions. But as serious WIKIPEDIANS, and serious WIKIMEDIANS, we will do it.

MateusNobre
MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
(+55) 85 88393509
              30440865