[Foundation-l] Regarding Berkman/Sciences Po study

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 11 03:31:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 10:11:35PM -0500, Renata St wrote:

> When did the community turned into this old grumpy bunch being unhappy
> about everything?

Eh? Not in the least. I think Jerome is a nice guy; and so does
practically everyone else who has gotten up to speed on what's going on.

The problem is that the research committee made only a token effort
at finding or following relevant onwiki policy or consensus , nor did
they try to explain or correct their actions onwiki in a timely manner
as per WIARM. Or where they did, they didn't follow up.

Any of those 3 elements (Policy, Consensus, WIARM/BRD) each could and
still can help bring people up to speed and reduce misunderstandings.
That's part of what they're for, after all! I'm sure that people will be
more supportive once things are sorted out in that way.

Hmm, the research committee still hasn't made any onwiki statement at a
relevant location that I can find. If this were a court case, RCom
would pretty much have lost by default and/or forfeit already.

Fortunately, this is not a court case. :-)

Berkman and Science PO are nice people. They've already interacted with
enwiki a bit, and enwiki isn't exactly feeling mean towards them;
mostly just a little surprised and bewildered. I think that in the
worst case, we can cut out the middleman and have enwiki interact
directly with the researchers.

sincerely,
	Kim "There's a process for that[*]" Bruning

[*] 'Staunch IAR Supporter States "There's a process for that"; In
other news, Flying Pig Airlines are now offering scenic ski-trips to
hell for the first time this season.'