[Foundation-l] Is a research banner "advertising" of the evil sort?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 08:55:52 UTC 2011

It's a matter of perspective, as always: the universities see the
addition of their logos as added value for Wikipedia/WMF. For instance,
such a usage of logos is strictly prohibited by my university (unimi.it)
and is authorised only if there's a partnership framework about some
research and a specific approval of each campaign (and all its details)
by the central governing bodies. In the last few years, only one such
campaign has been approved without asking a fee.

Kim Bruning, 09/12/2011 21:01:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 08:32:06PM +0000, B?ria Lima wrote:
>> Not IRC, the private mailing list with Chapters + staff, I'm sure you heard
>> of it before.
>
> Indeed I have.
>
>> And Kim, as far as I know there are NO WAY to put a sumary in a Central
>> Notice action. And I'm not a en.wiki user, so I'm not forced to give any
>> reason to en.wiki community about a action I took in another wiki. As for
>> meta, there was a page (
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Central_notice_requests) created AFTER
>> I disable the banner.
>
> Just for an action on meta, I'm sure meta has the same rule.

As a Meta admin I can confirm it. ;-)
The banner was disabled almost at the same time by both Béria and
Brion;[1] Brion used his sysadmin flag to get temporary sysop flag and
didn't notice Béria's action; he correctly left a notification as
expected from a Meta sysop.[2]

Nemo

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralNoticeLogs?log_type=campaignSettings&campaign=Harvard+Sciences+Po&limit=2