[Foundation-l] Regarding Berkman/Sciences Po study

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 06:27:17 UTC 2011

Hi Jerome -

The only documentation from the research team that I have seen so far with
respect to the target participation is in the initial proposal on enwp back
in 2010, when it was proposed to leave 40,000 talk page messages; there was
no indication that 30,000 of them would be newly registered users at that
time.  Not to criticize the genuine attempt at information sharing on
Dario's part - it is much appreciated - but there is so much change in what
was put forward from what we had initially been approached about that it's
preferable to hear it from the researcher's mouth, and to have it well
documented.

Something that has never been clear is the reason that English Wikipedia
editors were identified as the preferred target; there does not appear to
be anything in this study that is particularly oriented toward Wikipedia
activity.

Risker/Anne