[Foundation-l] Is a research banner "advertising" of the evil sort?

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 9 19:36:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 03:00:41PM +0000, B?ria Lima wrote:
> If you want to see the banner:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate/view&template=HSB_final_2
>
> And I, B?ria Lima (nice to meet you) disabled the banner upon a thread in
> Internal-l where people asked for it.

Internal-l is the new IRC, I take it? :-) Strictly you're ok by accident, I
think :-)

...but... remember to always reference on-wiki discussions and consensus for on-wiki
actions. As you may recall, off-wiki discussions may be referenced for
information, but never for consensus. [1]

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

[1] For completeness: once upon a time, wikipedia-l was also acceptable as a source of consensus. No one has tried to use that for quite a while though. ;-)