[Foundation-l] Chapters

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:42:22 UTC 2011

On 30 August 2011 19:35, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>..
> > Thanks, Bence.  Given that the document that is creating so much fuss is
> > *not* publicly available, and there are many references to "current"
> > agreements without links to the version that particular chapter signed or
> > authorized, I'd say it's still pretty hard for those who aren't actively
> > involved in the administration of chapters to really know what is going
> on.
> > The chapters agreement itself doesn't contain several of the points that
> are
> > so controversial in this thread, for example.
>
> It is also pretty hard for people actively involved in the
> administration of chapters to know what is going on, and why.

<snip>

Thanks for that comment, John.  While I probably don't entirely share your
own view (or that of many others) about the entire chapter/fundraising
issue, I can certainly understand and sympathise with all of the people from
chapters who are trying to figure out their next steps here. It must feel a
little like walking on quicksand.

Risker/Anne