[Foundation-l] How to free something from Wikipedia in the public domain?

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:15:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to "officially" free Wikipedia
content under PD/CC-0? What procedure should one follow to use that
data on another website with an incompatible license?

Assumptions: we are talking about a single version of the page with
only one or just a few authors, and all authors have accepted to
release the data in the public domain.

Possible answers I have considered:
 - a message from each author in the talk page of the article (pros:
easy to implement, wiki-based; cons: language barrier)
 - a message to OTRS (cons: afaik, OTRS messages to WMF are only
considered "official" by the WMF itself)

Thanks,
  Strainu