[Foundation-l] Board of Trustees activity report - May-June 2011

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:28:57 UTC 2011

phoebe ayers, 24/08/2011 18:39:
> Thanks Nemo!
> It is true that the first part of the report is a duplication of the
> resolutions&  meeting minutes that we publish. My assumption here was that
> not everyone keeps up with all of the board resolutions etc :) It is also
> nice to have a single record of everything we did in a given time period; I
> was mainly trying to be complete. Of course those who are already familiar
> with all of this should feel free to skip over this section. (But if there's
> a way to make it more useful, that would be great -- and if others think it
> should be dropped as well let me know!)

Good to know, now that you clarified this I know that I can avoid
reading everything twice to spot the small differences :-p It can indeed
be useful to put everything together and if it's not too much work for
you, good for us. :-)

> I'm not sure why you say this is not for the general public. I would not
> mind if the general public read it -- there's nothing confidential. The only
> reason to not disseminate it as-is on the blog is that it is kind of dry and
> not especially well written :)

Yes, that's just it, you can write it with less effort if it's not meant
for the blog.

> My hope here is that the reports would be: a) a way for our wider community
> (i.e. people who don't follow the wmfwiki) to know what the board is up to;
> b) a way for everyone, internally and externally, to see some of the other
> work the board does that is not well known -- for instance the board
> governance committee stuff; c) highlight some of the awesome work our
> trustees do on their own out in the world with communities and outreach.
> (And maybe some of these activities will turn into more interesting blog
> posts!)
>
> I imagine that the people potentially interested in this might be
> Wikimedians, internal folks of all types, and even external people like our
> partners. Part of my motivation is to answer the question "what does the
> board do???" which seems to come up at every board election :)
>
> At any rate I will be working on July-August this weekend and then I expect
> it will take a couple of weeks for the board members to get all of their
> submissions in and review the report. And then I hope to refine the schedule
> so we can get it out sooner. So please do keep the comments coming and let
> me know what needs to be changed.

Great!
Thank you,
	Nemo