[Foundation-l] Call for referendum

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:02:59 UTC 2011

Kim Bruning, 21/08/2011 20:29:
> == Next steps ==
>
> I suggest that we now concentrate on constructively discussing the
> meta-data ecology; including viability, security, and practicality.

I personally concluded that wasting a huge lot of time discussing
whether this filter will make us waste a huge lot of time — to implement
and discuss the (obviously controversial) categorization of images (with
endless edit-wars and possibly a permanent ForestFire) — would be a bit
contradictory. The filter could just collapse by itself if editors won't
care about it (my personal hope).
But Jimmy Wales at Wikimania reminded us how many bureaucratic processes
we have which drain us a surprising amount of energy (and happyness,
even; especially of new editors), so perhaps this will just be one more.

Nemo