[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Referendum 2011 mailout — issues

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 03:56:52 UTC 2011

On 20 August 2011 23:38, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hold 7 votes, at the end: one real account, five bots and one of my
> auxiliary accounts -- not used for years -- have got right to vote. I
> have one more account, but I don't think that I made 10 edits with
> that one.

The rules for editors:[1]

You may vote from any one registered account you own on a Wikimedia wiki
(you may only vote once, regardless of how many accounts you own). To
qualify, this one account must:

   - not be blocked on more than one project; and
   - not be blocked on the project you are voting from; and
   - not be a bot <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bot>; and
   - have made at least 10 edits before 1 August 2011 across Wikimedia wikis
   (edits on several wikis can be combined if your accounts are unified into
   a global account <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Unified_login>)

You get one vote, Milos. Your bots do not get to vote. Your auxiliary
account does not get to vote, unless you forego voting on your main
account.

Risker/Anne

[1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image_filter_referendum/en#Rules