[Foundation-l] Like button

Orionist orion.ist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:21:21 UTC 2011

We do have a great substitute for the like button which is barnstars and
other awards. These are the ones I see frequently used to show appreciation
for specific edits. They could read something on the lines of: "Here I award
you the Humor Barnstar for your great sense of humor shown in this edit
[insert diff here]." Otherwise I see simple thank you's on talk pages.

A like button does make more sense on Commons. But then we have our own
processes there: Featured Pictures/sounds/videos, Valued Pictures and
Quality Images. Those are more useful than liking, and I think would also be
more appreciated by the creators. Not to mention that having an image
included in an article is rewarding by itself.

Regards,
--
Orionist