[Foundation-l] Chapters

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Aug 9 15:48:29 UTC 2011

> It is true however that many chapters do important work for the local
> projects, and serve their local needs in the sense of activities, press
> contacts and fundraising in a more effective way (less culturally
> challanging, more sensitive to what works locally and better in touch
with
> other activities and situations). Not all chapters do this in the same
> extent, and not all do it similarly good. But that is the idea of a
chapter
> - it is not a fanclub organizing beer events only to have fun.
>
> Best regards,
> Lodewijk

Right, I know that the Chapters are doing some very useful stuff (in fact,
I even want to help the Dutch chapter with the project on taking pictures
of State Monuments - it would be very helpful if someone mails me offlist
or indicates on my Wiki page if there is any information on what is
needed), but I believe that to say, as Brigitte does, that the Chapters
should lead the movement is to stretch it way over the limits.

Cheers
Yaroslav