[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Chapters and some of their coolest activities

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Aug 9 15:18:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

this year I had the honour of presenting an overview of some of the
Wikimedia Chapters' coolest and most interesting/inspiring activities. This
is not only about big budget projects, but can also be meetups in a city.
The video of my presentation should be up in a few days on youtube/commons
(keep an eye on http://www.youtube.com/user/WikimediaIL, which will include
all sessions' videos ) but the slides are already available through
Wikimedia Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Chapters_-_Wikimania_2011.pdf
-
unfortunately Wikimedia Commons still doesn't accept any presentation format
(.ppt, .pptx, .odp) so the layers within the slides are not visible. If you
would like to see those too, just email me offlist and I'll send you the
.odp

I would like to encourage people to make any derivatives from it they think
interesting.

With kind regards,

Lodewijk