[Foundation-l] Board of Trustees activity report - May-June 2011

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Aug 4 05:42:42 UTC 2011

phoebe ayers wrote:
> The Board has been working on a report of our activities; please find the
> first report, covering May and June of this year, below. This is a short
> summary, meant to help share our work with the community and movement, and
> help make Board work and trustee activities more accessible & transparent.
> This first report took some time to put together, but we hope to post future
> reports on a regular schedule. Please let me know if you have any feedback
> or suggestions.

Looks pretty good. Thanks for putting this together. :-)

I think posting the reports (or links to the reports) on Meta-Wiki or
wikimediafoundation.org would be good. There is already some infrastructure
in place, e.g., <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Reports>.

There's also the blog to consider: <http://blog.wikimedia.org/>. It's a
matter of weighing how much "the outside" would care about Board internals,
though, I suppose.

A wiki page or blog post might also make adding links easier. For example,
"In May, Kat visited the WMF offices, to meet with Foundation lawyer
Geoff Brigham and to help develop a summary of WMF legal practices. This has
been posted for comment." could include a link to the page on Meta-Wiki.

These are minor issues that can be tweaked going forward. Definitely a step
in the right direction, toward accessibility and transparency.

MZMcBride