[Foundation-l] Promotional material about the user's activities outside Wikipedia, nothing useful to Wikipedia

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 26 04:03:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>wrote:

> > Hi there,
> > look guys someone deleted my pages promoting our work in Kosovo and
> > Albania
> > from my user page saying they are of no use to the wikipedia
> > can someone please comment on that?
> > Gerard was at the event in Albania that was supposedly not helping the
> > wikipedia to talk about wikipedia there.
> > Milos was at the event in 2009 to talk about wikipedia as well. I think
> > many
> > of you might have heard about the work I have been doing to promote
> > wikipedia, and now all my user pages on those topics have been deleted.
> >

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Miscellany_for_deletion/User:Mdupont/AgimRamadani
> >

> >    -
> > User:Mdupont/OpenLetterToFreeSoftwareCommunities<
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Mdupont/OpenLetterToFreeSoftwareCommunities&action=edit&redlink=1
> >

> >    - WP:WEBHOST <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WEBHOST> -
> >    Promotional material about the user's activities outside Wikipedia,
> > nothing
> >    useful to Wikipedia
> >

> >  thank,
> > mike
>

> How would people from Kosovo or Albania find all those user pages?
>
> Fred

Well, we had been sharing that open letter link all over the internet, and
the team there had been helping with it,
I think that i posted it on the portals as well. We should do more for
outreach, there was a wikipedia 10 party in prishtina.
mike

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org
flossal.org