[Foundation-l] Fundraising committee?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Mon Apr 18 04:07:27 UTC 2011

Hi.

Someone pointed out to me that in 2006, the Wikimedia Board of Trustees
approved a resolution to create a fundraising committee:
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Fundraising_committee>.

A few months later, it passed a subsequent resolution specifying the
fundraising committee's membership:
<http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Resolution:Fundraising_committee/Membership>.

In 2010, the Board passed a resolution about fundraising principles:
<http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Resolution:Wikimedia_fundraising_principles>.

The history of the fundraising committee (and what happened to it) is what's
confusing me. Did a subsequent resolution/motion abolish it? Was it simply
disbanded (and is that possible with the force of a Board resolution behind
it)? There are now fundraising staff, but I'm not quite sure how that
happened or what happened to any type of committee/workforce.

Any pointers to pages about this or info about this would be appreciated. It
would make it much easier to update pages such as
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_committees#Fundraising_committee>
with accurate information.

MZMcBride