[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:24:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 16:16, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> The entire deletion process is broken and needs to be fixed. Werdna was
> working on an extension to make nominating a page for deletion less horrible
> (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Werdna/dev>), but I don't believe there
> has been any recent activity on this.

What is the problem with allowing editors to do this kind of thing
manually -- open AfDs and RfCs, and the like? Why does there always
have to be a template, just as a matter of interest?

I remember we used to be able to do these things by hand. Then we had
templates introduced as options. Then the manual options were removed.
If you try to open an article RfC manually nowadays, the RfC bot
reverts you when you add it to the list.

Sarah