[Foundation-l] "How many articles have you created?"

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Sun Apr 10 07:12:32 UTC 2011

Дана Sunday 10 April 2011 08:53:58 Amir E. Aharoni написа:
> The Hebrew Wikipedia conducts "no new articles" days every now and
> then, where the editors are encouraged - not enforced - to improve
> existing articles rather than create new ones; unfortunately, i have
> no data about how well it works.
>
> I would be happy to hear about such efforts in other projects.

On sr.wiki we had an extremely positive experience when we organized a
competition in article cleanup where the user who would clean the most
articles up received a wikireader that was donated to Wikimedia Serbia. This
has resulted in some 30% (total 300) of articles in need of cleanup being
cleaned up, no user dissatisfaction known to me, and one very happy
Wikipedian.