[Foundation-l] 5th, 6th, 8th or top ten site, does 365 million understate our reach?

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 16:27:41 UTC 2011

We may be fifth by Comscore data, but as Comscore discards data from
Public computers such as Internet Cafes that 365 million unique
visitors per month significantly understates our reach. It may
overstate our rank if there are sites that are disproportionately
popular amongst surfers who use Internet cafes, I suspect it skews
things geographically, and that some of our non-English versions will
be  more impacted by this than EN wiki. One of the things I noticed in
Buenos Aires was that there seemed to be far more Internet cafes than
in London - presumably this is a matter of economics and it would be
unfortunate if we underrated the importance of some of our language
versions simply because their readers were more likely to use internet
cafes.

WereSpielChequers