[Foundation-l] Wiki-revolution

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:40:59 UTC 2011

> In Egypt, I saw a wiki or two setup for the same purpose, but what seemed
> work well is the use of Google Moderator:
>
> http://www.google.com/moderator/?hl=ar#15/e=581e0&t=581e0.40&f=581e0.154b45
>
> -Katie

Actually IMHO the reason Google moderator worked is that it was advertised
and actively used by Wael Ghonim and the other admins of the Facebook group
that sparked the revolution. This group has amassed a hugh following (over 1
million subscribers last time I checked) and has massive reach. Of course, I
am not sure if they chose a wiki instead it would have been a good idea, I
can't imagine the majority of people willing to participate also willing to
learn wiki syntax and protocol.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia