[Foundation-l] Agenda set by Sue? (was Re: Pending Changes development update: September 27)

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 07:04:43 UTC 2010

  Just to clarify the process.

After the previous board meeting I am collecting topics for the next
board meeting. This includes suggestions put directly to me (non until
now), or on the board mailing-list (mostly) or on page of the board wiki
for the preparation of the next meeting.

One month prior of the meeting I called via board mailing list for
topics we should handle on the next meeting. I will also ask every board
member or Sue, who would present a topic on the meeting, how much time
they think they need and who would also attend the meeting to support
their case.

Two weeks prior of the meeting I will settle down a semistable agenda
and announce it on the mailing list and on the board wiki.

One week prior (that is, maybe tomorrow or latest Saturnday) of the
meeting I will write a mail on this list and inform the community about
our next meeting and its topics. By the way, this is first practised by
Michael and I am very glad to follow his example.

To the board the process of creating the agenda is transparent. Sue
takes part on the board meeting, except the executive session. And
naturally she would also make her suggestions if she has need in it.

Greetings
Ting

Am 30.09.2010 05:47, wrote Anthony:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Erik Moeller<erik at wikimedia.org>  wrote:
>> the agenda for Board meetings is set by Sue
>> together with the chair of the Board and other Board members.
> It is?  Isn't that really really odd?

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/