[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Thu Sep 30 01:14:56 UTC 2010

  On 9/29/10 2:55 AM, Erik Moeller wrote:
> 2010/9/28 John Vandenberg<jayvdb at gmail.com>:
>> This doesn't answer my question, which was:
>>
>> _When_ will the board _review_ [the task-forces output]?
> I'm sorry I didn't answer your question, John. Please note that I'm
> neither on the Board, nor am I part of Board meetings, nor do I serve
> as a conduit for them; the agenda for Board meetings is set by Sue
> together with the chair of the Board and other Board members. My
> understanding via Sue is that they'e focused so far on the high-level
> priorities articulated in the strategic plan, and my sense is that if
> individual task forces have items that they'd like to get the Board's
> review or input on, they should bring this to the attention of the
> Chair of the Board (tchen at wikimedia dot org) or an individual Board
> member they know. But others can chime in and correct me on this if
> needed.
I'll just add to what Erik said, and say that I would love to hear from
people on the task-forces about next steps you'd like me to carry to the
board.  I'm probably one of the most passionate people about working to
improve the BLP situation using both policy and technology.  I'm your
advocate, please use me. :)

--Jimbo