[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Thu Sep 30 01:12:39 UTC 2010

  On 9/29/10 12:51 AM, John Vandenberg wrote:
> IMO the English Wikipedia community should be allowed to continue to
> review the results of their trial, and/or discuss how the next trial
> will occur.
I agree with you completely, but also want to point out that this is
exactly where we are right now.

A discussion of the details of how the next trial will occur is already
starting on-wiki, and I think that wide participation in it is really
important.  Tests can be run right now.  Criteria can be discussed and
implemented in anticipation of the next trial.

What is really important, in my view, is that the next poll have
absolutely clear and unambiguous conditions for various states,
including shutting it off permanently, shutting it off temporarily,
leaving it on temporarily while asking for specific developer resources
for a V3, or accepting it permanently.

I will personally guarantee with all the resources at my disposal that
when we have a clear and unambiguous set of conditions, I will do
everything possible to make sure what the outcome of the poll is,
absolutely determines what happens next.

(I say it in such a cautious way because of course I am just one board
member and can't really control what the Foundation does.)

--Jimbo