[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 06:11:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> 2010/9/28 John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com>:
>> Of course I have seen it.
>
> I've learned to not assume such things, John. :-)

You didn't need to assume anything.  You only needed to read my email.
There has only been one global policy developed by the WMF, and I
asked the WMF to strengthen it.

> I respect the work
> done by the task force, and it's up to the Board to answer whether it
> wants to adopt or build upon any of this work.

This doesn't answer my question, which was:

_When_ will the board _review_ [the task-forces output]?

> My own take, FWIW, is
> that within the scope of the existing Board-level policy, there's both
> the impetus and the scope for action -- development of policies,
> processes and tools -- across projects.

It sounds your take is that the existing WMF policy is sufficient for
the present time?

--
John Vandenberg