[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:43:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Ah.... Can we calm this down?

I've not had the bandwidth to be closely involved in Pending Changes
on enwiki, so I speak here in generalities and without detailed
understanding of the objections.

Risker is obviously very involved, and from prior experience I assume
would not be making a stink on Foundation-L without representing at
least a sizeable minority of people who have voiced opinions.

Birgitte, I understand that other projects need to be represented in
the discussions.  That should happen constructively, not
confrontationally.

I am somewhat floundering in the dark, without the bandwidth to go
chase down and understand all the poll results and side discussions.
I am muchly desiring of specifics rather than generalities,
personally.

Is there a precis on enwiki on the objections after the first trial?
Can one be written up for Foundation-L if there isn't a convenient
summary on-wiki?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com