[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Tue Sep 28 22:44:29 UTC 2010

David Gerard wrote:
> On 28 September 2010 23:12, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You're losing the hearts and minds battle here, guys.
>>
> There'll be new hearts and minds along in eighteen months.

Come now, regardless of how one feels about the status of this
particular feature (one for which community views and consensus have
always been a challenge to interpret, so I would be happy to see a
little less strident claims about what the current consensus is or
isn't): The notion that we can just pass over disagreement based on
participant turnover smacks of treating people as disposable, and is
really inappropriate. We would be better off with more people working
seriously to figure out the best answers to the issues this feature
addresses, plus whatever issues there may be with the feature itself,
rather than having a debating duel about the significance of a set of
polling statistics. It's like having politicians decide how to govern
entirely based on opinion polls.

--Michael Snow