[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Kosovo Chapter? Re: Fwd: SFK100 Press Release

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Sep 27 14:20:06 UTC 2010

Ehm, you probably misunderstood me. I did not try to say that they will not
be accepted, I tried exactly to avoid saying things like that. I think we
cannot make any decision on that - and that the question is more complicated
than it is put now. Chapcom has not been invented for academic matters, but
for actual applications. Therefore, imho, it is better to first examine what
you want to do, get started with what you dont need a chapter status for
anyway, and grow the community that way. Get to know each other, and see if
you need a chapter status - based on what you are planning and doing (and
whether you could just work with the existing structures within and outside
Wikimedia). Once you have enough people, and you are of the opinion you need
such status, you are of course free to request it. Before that moment, I
think it is not very useful to get into theoretical what-if discussions
about who should be asked etc.

Best,

Lodewijk