[Foundation-l] How bureaucracy works: the example

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Sat Sep 25 16:31:59 UTC 2010

  While I support the idea that we should have a discussion about how to
manage and structure our bureaucratic elements, I think the distinction
posited between American and European perspectives is imaginary. As an
example, personally I have so far declined to accept "bureaucrat" status
largely because of the connotations of the name. This despite the fact
that I feel reasonably capable of navigating most bureaucracies (a skill
that has far more to do with whether someone can "appreciate"
bureaucracy than their nationality).

--Michael Snow