[Foundation-l] How bureaucracy works: the example

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Sat Sep 25 16:28:21 UTC 2010

  An'n 25.09.2010 17:53, hett Milos Rancic schreven:
> Today I am working from my netbook. It is not so easy to find the
> right button and the screen is small. I wanted to upload 20k logo for
> new Wikipedia edition (in Banjar) [1]. I wanted to find the right
> copyright tag (logo is trademark of WMF). So, I clicked on
> "Permissions" link, instead on question mark. When I went back all of
> the form was blanked.
I guess you are right, that the Wikimedia bureaucracy can be improved
although I have no actual ideas how to do it. But I don't think that
your example with Commons upload is a good example. This behaviour
certainly is a total failure in usability (I never experienced the
problem because I use the classic uplaod form). But the problem is not
conflicting design goals of developers and Commons admins. It's just
some error in the Javascript. The error can be fixed and the upload form
should work as expected. If anybody knows where in the code the form
blanking happens please report it so it can be fixed.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox