[Foundation-l] Wikimedia movement roles project

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Thu Sep 23 06:48:05 UTC 2010

2010/9/22 Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com>

> <snip>
> > Also the meeting notes mention "The first deliverable, a formal proposal
> > the Board at its October meeting, was discussed. A first draft will be
> sent
> > to the workgroup in the next few days." - is this draft going to be
> public
> > as intended initially? (I hope so :) - would love to give some more input
> > there)
>
> That proposal will be made available for comment, certainly.  It's
> currently being drafted "in committee," as it were, not because it's
> secret, but for practical reasons.  The proposal is meant to formalize
> the work that's already been done and set goals for the next
> milestone.  Since the ultimate goal is a universally accepted
> agreement, obviously the idea is that it won't be anything
> particularly objectionable.
>
> Austin
>
> [0] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_working_group
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Movement_roles_working_group

Hmm, I hate to be the nagger here - I just hoped that right from the
beginning the openness and transparancy could be clear by doing this kind of
things, that are not secret, as much as possible in the open :) Although I
also hope everybody will agree with it - it would be helpful if people could
lend you their thoughts on it, even if they are not involved in the group
formally fostering the discussion. Although you hopefully did not mean it
like that, "will be made available for comment" does not sound exactly
inclusive :)

Lodewijk