[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 19:29:02 UTC 2010

> How would locking Wikipedia down fulfill the mission to collect all the
> educational information known.
Information changes constantly, new information becomes available
constantly, and new material gets added to old articles constantly.
I myself just added some new detail to an article within the past week.

That's just what I am disputing.  Take the article on England's greatest
philosopher

http://ocham.blogspot.com/2010/06/william-of-ockham.html

It has actually shrunk since 2005.  It contains hardly anything of William's
thought, and most of it is plagiarised from other sources anyway. And there
is very little new information coming out about Ockham.  The Cambridge
companion contains 16 pages about him.  Or take the SEP, which is online
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ockham/ and is the model of what an
article should be.  Wikipedia should avoid being as technical as the SEP,
but there is a place for a well-written and accessible article about Ockham.
Why isn't there one?

SEP is also accepting donations, why shouldn't I give money to that?