[Foundation-l] HR and Recruiting Feed on Identi.ca and Twitter

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Sep 3 03:49:31 UTC 2010

Daniel Phelps wrote:
> I invite you all to see these data streams -
> http://identi.ca/wikimediaatwork/all or http://twitter.com/wikimediaatwork.

Thank you very much for giving this issue some focus. It was definitely
needed and I think this is a step in the right direction. This particular
approach seems pretty unconventional, even for Wikimedia. There is a page at
Meta-Wiki that takes a more conventional approach to this type of thing:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_contractors

> Eventually we also hope to find more ways to use this feed for recruiting and
> reaching out to a larger candidate pool and audience.

One might suggest that the people spending their day on Twitter reading
Wikimedia's "wikimediaatwork" feed aren't going to be the best prospective
employees.

Again, thanks for creating a feed. :-)

MZMcBride