[Foundation-l] "Bullshit, amen, okay"; available in a library near you

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Oct 29 08:59:55 UTC 2010

> On 10/28/2010 11:12 PM, John Vandenberg wrote:
>> http://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/wikipedia-kompilationen-bullshit-amen-okay-1.1015680

> Interesting article.... and it shows how Wikipedia is "growing up" with
> its content getting around due to the open source licensing model being
> used.
>
> What would be nice is if somebody with a really good eye and selecting
> quality featured articles was able to do something like this and make at
> least something aesthetically pleasing to the eye and did a really good
> job of these kind of books rather than simply churning out an automated
> process.  I know some groups are doing this, but more would be
> appreciated.
>
> Now if only we could get some Wikibooks texts into the classroom   :)
>
> -- Robert Horning

The corner will be turned when there is general recognition that a
compilation of Wikipedia articles is better than anything a single author
who is grinding out their own version of generally accepted knowledge can
produce. That begs the question of creativity, but that is not what
textbooks are about. We have no serious competition with respect to
common English profanity, or sex positions.

Fred