[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation switching to Google Apps?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:02:27 UTC 2010

Erik Moeller, 26/10/2010 23:01:
> We've recommended Thunderbird in the past (with some folks sticking
> with GMail, yours truly included), but unfortunately it doesn't meet
> all our needs.

Why?

> Google Docs is a great collaborative drafting tool (as is Etherpad,
> which is open), but I don't want us to become dependent on it -- for
> any document that needs to be worked on over sustained periods of
> time, it ends up being moved out of GD. I'd love to see at least a
> basic MediaWiki/Etherpad integration, it would give MW a huge
> productivity boost for real-time note-taking and collaboration.

There are lots of things on our Etherpad which should be eventually
copied on some wiki to be organized and easily findable. (Should we
suppose that Etherpad texts are CC-By-SA?)
Actually, I've watched some etherpad history "replays" and I've seen
simple patterns of a number of edits by an user and then a number of
edits by another user (even on another section): nothing you can't
easily do on MediaWiki.

Nemo