[Foundation-l] Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing, was Re: Ban and moderate

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:00:16 UTC 2010

On 24 October 2010 16:52,  <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Well you could put a banner above every article that read "The
> information contained on the page could well be nonsense".

Our general disclaimer is good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer

Perhaps we should mention it on our introduction, which is linked on
the en.wp front page "the free encyclopedia that _anyone can edit_."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Introduction

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:28 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be the logo at the side, then.

If you think the logo is supposed to indicate something, it should
link to a textual description of that.

> Really, Wikipedia can't be expected to think for those who can't or won't.

The law routinely expects producers to add explicit safety warnings
and disclaimers on their products for idiots who don't think for
themselves.

http://coolrain44.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/stupid-warning-labels/

--
John Vandenberg