[Foundation-l] Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing, was Re: Ban and...

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:11:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 15:59, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> And where there is a body of scholarly research, the peer-reviewed
> scholarly literature is the most authoritative literature around.

Can you address the issue of vested interests? If a drug company has
financed all or most of the peer-reviewed work, your argument is that
we should nevertheless reply on those studies exclusively, and not
allow high-quality mainstream media who may be pointing to problems
before anyone else does.

Why would you place so much trust in the companies who benefit
financially, and why do you feel that it would not be an NPOV
violation?

There is no other area of Wikipedia where we allow the people who sell
things to be our exclusive sources on whether those things are good.

Sarah