[Foundation-l] Proposed Wikimedia Project in Kenya

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:12:09 UTC 2010

On 23 October 2010 15:00, Abbas Mahmoud <abbasjnr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We still are at a very early stage: the framework/proposal is still sketchy. Please check it out at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Kenya/Project_for_Kenyan_Schools and give us your feedback. Feel free to edit, redaft or whatever you may call it so that we can come up with a more concrete proposal.

For a nice schools Wikipedia in English, the SOS Children Wikipedia
Selection for Schools is possibly the most successful short Wikipedia
distribution available:

http://schools-wikipedia.org/

The current edition is out of date (it still lists Barack Obama as a
senator!) but a new edition is being produced.

It's very popular with teachers around the world as a lightly reviewed
offline Wikipedia.

- d.