[Foundation-l] Paid editing, was Re: Ban and moderate

Wjhonson wjhonson at aol.com
Sat Oct 23 21:00:31 UTC 2010

 But it does have authoritative perspective.  That is exactly my point and the point at which you railed at, from a position that was extreme.  Your contention is that we should not report *any* thing in our work on a drug except what the manufacturer puts on the label.  And that you don't think that position is ridiculously extreme is exactly why you can't see apparently what we're actually doing.  Instead you want to put up a straw man to try to thrust your argument acrost by showing how naked he is.  But no one has ever taken the extreme position that you're advocating against in the first place.

So that's why your argument has no clothes.

> See I took Atorvastatin and you wouldn't let the project report that the

> Stanford Medical Journal reported that it causes more damage to the heart than

> is acceptable.

Such claims are best kept within the confines of official medical

journals, the news media, and personal blogs. Not put into a forum "that

everyone can edit" where it masquerades as having some authoritative or

encyclopaedic perspective. The danger is that "everyone can edit it" so

any particular page fetch may have just been edited by someone with a COI.