[Foundation-l] Proposed Wikimedia Project in Kenya

Abbas Mahmoud abbasjnr at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:00:29 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

As some of you may know, there exists a small bunch of Wikipedians in Kenya. In the last couple of months, we have been discussing ways in which we might increase Wikip\media awareness within Kenya. We then decided to experiment by starting by using offline Wikipedia in primary & secondary schools.

We still are at a very early stage: the framework/proposal is still sketchy. Please check it out at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Kenya/Project_for_Kenyan_Schools and give us your feedback. Feel free to edit, redaft or whatever you may call it so that we can come up with a more concrete proposal.

Looking forward to getting your collaboration.

Yours,

m|Abbas.