[Foundation-l] chapter board seats (was: Greg Kohs and Peter Damian)

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 06:40:49 UTC 2010

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:52:11 +0200
> From: Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 79, Issue 65
>        <foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>
> Hoi,
> The fact that nobody informed the "losers" that they had lost wins
> definitely not the price for best practices. I know for a fact that the
> person involved in the election process has been suggested to do so. People
> do appreciate a word of thanks for being a candidate and a good loser.

We can improve and we have a good example to copy from. I was a candidate
for Chapters committee and Lodewijk sent me a mail telling I had failed that
made me feel very comfortable. (Thanks again Lodewijk). Then I sent personal
mails to each one of the winners congratulating them.

> As far as I know only winners have been announced. It is not clear even to
> participants in the election how many votes they got.  A thick veil of
> secrecy hung over this election. I was warned that by posting my candidacy
> might no longer be eligible ...
>
> So yes, there is room for improvement in the procedure. In the end good
> people were elected. People with a long track record in our movement. As
> far
> as I am concerned all is well that ends well. <grin> it could have been
> better </grin>
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

I only can agree with you partially. I think we are not in the end. We are
still on time to publish the candidates and the related information not only
for the board candidates but also for the Chapters Committee candidates.
You, me, and many people can believe that the outcome has been good. But
there is no need to ask anybody to believe if they can see.