[Foundation-l] Community Associates

Deniz Gultekin dgultekin at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 20 20:07:22 UTC 2010

Hi Anirudh,

I'll go ahead and introduce myself - my name is Deniz and I'm working on
outreach, communications and social media for this year's fundraiser.
I've been an in-office San Francisco-based volunteer for almost two
years before joining the Community Department Fundraising team as a
Community Associate in August. There is contact information for each of
the Community Associates on the Fundraiser 2010 staff Meta page, and
we're all typically hanging out in the #wikimedia-fundraising IRC
channel. Feel free to contact any of us with questions, introduction
requests or just to say hi :)

Cheers,

Deniz

--
Deniz Gültekin
Community Associate

Support Free Knowledge
http://donate.wikimedia.org/

On 10/20/10 12:02 PM, Abbas Mahmoud wrote:
> Hi Anirudh,
>
> Some of them are already on the foundation-| mailing list, like Deniz Gültekin and James Alexander -- both of whom have recently announced IRC Office Hours sometimes back. Other Community associates include Keegan Peterzell, Kelly Lyman&  Salmaan Haroon. I think you can get the full list of community associates on the Fundraiser 2010 staff page on Wikimedia Meta.
>
> ~Abbas.
>

>> From: anirudhsbh at gmail.com
>> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:54:17 +0530
>> To: foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Community Associates
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Philippe Beaudette
>> <pbeaudette at wikimedia.org>  wrote:

>>> Community Associate is a title that we've introduced primarily (though
>>> not exclusively) for the fundraiser this year.  They are temporary
>>> employees, generally engaged in making sure that people know about the
>>> fundraiser, trying to convince various language wikis to participate
>>> in the creation of new banners, working on our social media plan, and
>>> a few other things.  They also help around the office with posting of
>>> contributions to our various systems and general office-related help.
>>>
>> Thanks for the response, Philippe.
>>
>> (1)  Can you please introduce them to the list?
>> (2)  Can you please link me to the formal call for applications?
>>
>> Best,
>> Anirudh
>>

>>> Best,
>>> Philippe