[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:03:05 UTC 2010

On 20 October 2010 15:59, Muhammad Yahia <shipmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>

> > How so?  The community's vote for the board is only advisory.
> >

> Err, how come? it's pretty clear in the bylaws?
>

> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws#Section_1..09General_Powers
> .
> <
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws#Section_1..09General_Powers
> .>
>

> --

 Ummm. The board has 10 members, of whom 3 are selected by the community at
large, and 2 are selected from the tiny segment of the community who act as
representatives of chapters. The remainder of the current 10 seats,
including the Founder seat, are filled by the selection of the board itself.
The board defines both "community" and "chapter". I'm not sure that the
board does ultimately answer to the community; there's nothing in the bylaws
to indicate that.

Risker/Anne

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws