[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 17:35:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> If it pleases the moderators, might we know on what basis Greg was
> banned and Peter indefinitely muzzled?

Greg Kohs was banned for the same reason that he's been on moderation
for the better part of the past year—namely, that he was completely
unable to keep his contributions civil, and caused more flamewars than
constructive discussion.

Peter Damian is only on moderation, and we'll follow our usual policy
of letting through anything that could be considered even marginally
acceptable.  We really are very liberal about this—otherwise you
wouldn't have heard from Mr. Kohs at all in the past six months.

I'm sure that my saying this won't convince anyone who's currently
defending him, but nothing about the decision to ban Greg Kohs was
retaliatory.  I'll also (not for the first time) remind everyone that
neither the Wikimedia Foundation Board, nor its staff, nor any chapter
or other organizational body has any say in the administration of this
list.

I hope that clears up all of the questions asked in this thread so far.

Regards,

Austin