[Foundation-l] Page views

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Tue Oct 19 01:16:02 UTC 2010

For those of you who want to follow this closely:

The following two charts show daily page views as counted by our squid log
post-processing server.

Same data, with different time scales,  one of 13, one for 34 months.

<http://infodisiac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wikipediapageviewsper
day-13-months1.png>
http://infodisiac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wikipediapageviewsperd
ay-13-months1.png

http://infodisiac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wikipediapageviewsperd
ay-34-months2.png

As you can see there's been an instantaneous *reported* dramatic page view
increase on 9/27-9/28.

Mind you we have no idea yet whether these are actual extra messages
received or some internal artifact.

Incidentally the earlier server congestion on locke from mid November to mid
July also shows clearly.
It may be useful to generate this chart with regular intervals.

Erik Zachte