[Foundation-l] Page views

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 21:21:50 UTC 2010

Given that there doesn't appear to be any jump in page views or reach
as measured by Alexa [1], I would be inclined to assume it is some
sort of a glitch with our counting infrastructure.  It is hard to
imagine any simple external process creating a real 50% jump in
traffic.  If I recall correctly, Google is the largest single referrer
and they only account for 30% of traffic or something, so they would
have to more than double their referrals to raise our views +50% in a
month.  More likely than not, this is some sort of an error in
counting for the current month.

[1] http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/wikipedia.org

-Robert Rohde