[Foundation-l] Please delete mo. wikipedia: Coherent proposal

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:59:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 16:49, Gutza <gutza at moongate.ro> wrote:
>  On 13-Oct-10 17:40, Milos Rancic wrote:
>>> I think the community at ro.wiki wouldn't mind that.
>> Are you saying that ro.wp community would agree with transliteration
>> engine between Romanian Latin and Moldovan Cyrillic orthographies?
>
> I'm saying that I *think* the ro.wp wouldn't mind a *gadget*, even
> though I have already received some negative feedback on ro.wiki for
> advancing that proposal without consulting the community first. But it's
> impossible to juggle two heated conversations at once -- I'm trying to
> find what I think is an acceptable compromise here, and, if we do
> actually find it, I'll get that back to ro.wiki and see if that's
> allright with everybody.

According to Gerard's and my positions, that would be fully acceptable
solution; with a couple of pages which you should write at ro.wp for
users from Transnitria: how to edit pages in both scripts (I don't
think that you would mind for probably less than 1% of articles
written in Cyrillic after 10 years of the conversion engine
implementation), how to report bugs (mostly for Latin->Cyrillic
conversion) and similar. And, of course, it is needed that ro.wp
community express clear support for that solution.

In that case, LangCom's suggestion to the Board would be that after
the implementation of the conversion engine, mo.wp should be removed.

The implementation for this idea would take some time, but we would
finally know the path for the solution.