[Foundation-l] Please delete mo. wikipedia

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Wed Oct 13 10:41:37 UTC 2010

 On 13-Oct-10 13:32, David Gerard wrote:
> On 13 October 2010 11:19, Gutza <gutza at moongate.ro> wrote:
>
>> Nobody says the current content should be deleted -- just stop
>> serving it.
>
> Here you are playing with language, not advancing the discussion. By
> "delete", the thread starter meant precisely "stop serving it."

No, I am not playing with words -- saying that something will be deleted
implies a loss. I am contending that my proposal doesn't involve any
loss: Mark's work invested in creating content would not be lost from
the face of the Earth (because the content would be preserved in the
database), and no Transnitrian would feel any loss from the fact that
the content is no longer served, for the simple reason that such a
hypothetical Transnitrian (i.e. one that would be interested in such a
Wikipedia) doesn't exist for the time being. Whenever he/she will make
their presence known, the current content will be restored, so there
will be no loss at that point either.

Not at all the same thing as deleting the content.

Gutza