[Foundation-l] Please delete mo. wikipedia

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Wed Oct 13 02:14:00 UTC 2010

 Mark,

You have been designated by Milos as the representative for the
wonderful, if elusive, Cyrillic-writing Romanian-speakin people of the
Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic. You seem to have taken your
responsibilities seriously, so you wouldn't mind if I ask: where is your
people? No Wikipedia project starts out of the blue, on a theoretical
basis -- there's always a catalyst, a representative of the people, who
wants to read and write, who wants to immerse him or herself in the
culture of the language, and generate content in their own, native
language. Where is that elusive Pridnestrovian who yearns to write
content in Romanian, in Cyrillic? Don't give me Russian statistics on
schools -- give me e-mails from real people, give me pleas, give me
petitions. I can give you e-mails, pleas and petitions regarding the
*closure* of the Moldovan Wikipedia -- show me yours.

Thank you,
Gutza